Welcome to my website NZ HANDS ALIVE!
New Zealand Sign Language
New Zealand Sign Language (NZSL) is the language of New Zealand’s Deaf Community. NZSL was recognised as our third official language on 6th April 2006.
Do you want to learn how to communicate with Deaf people?
- Have you always wanted to learn sign language but have never got around to it?
- Do you currently work with a Deaf person or have a goal to work with Deaf people in the future?
- Do you have a Deaf person in your family or do you have a Deaf friend?
- Do you want to become an interpreter?
It doesn’t matter whether you are Deaf or hearing, young or old – If you are interested in learning how to sign, you have come to the right place. Anybody can learn New Zealand Sign Language. NZSL is not just for Deaf people, but for everyone!
There are a number of options available to you:
- Group learning: NZSL night classes / NZSL daytime classes
- One-on-one tutoring in the home
- A taster class (brief introduction to NZSL and Deaf Culture), in the Community or in your workplace
- A training course especially tailored to suit your workplace
Learning about Deaf Culture and NZSL is fun! You can learn a little or a lot. Have a go!
- Are you keen to enrol in a New Zealand Sign Language class?
- Are you interested in having me visit your workplace to give a presentation to your staff?
Please click on CONTACT ME for more information, or if you have any questions.